Paola Pathways - Pedestrian/Bicycle Trail System
- Not For Profit Organization
- Sports and Recreation
Paola Pathways is a pedestrian/bicycle trail system being developed to link key locations throughout Paola, especially schools, parks, and recreational facilities. These family friendly, non-motorized, multi use trails will consist of a variety of surfaces and distances, designed for walkers, runners and bicyclists.
Our mission: To improve the quality of life and general appeal of Paola by promoting the development of safe, high quality trails and lanes connecting points of interest within the community.
Efforts are currently underway to raise funds to build Phase 2 which includes approximately 6 miles of trail around Lake Miola. Interested citizens and groups may request a presentation by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit our website for full details and downloadable participation forms.
- Phase 2 - Lake Miola Trail - is currently under construction. It is a 3-year project that will add 6 miles of trail.
- Trails and bike lanes provide safe, inexpensive and convenient avenues for regular exercise.
- Trails increase property values and enhance the local economy through tourism and civic improvement.
- Trails and lanes can replace vehicles for shorter trips to school, work or the store.
- Trails are accessible to all age groups and income levels.
Whom to Contact
- Kendra AistrupMember
- Craig BrowningConstruction Coordinator
- Scott DreilingGraphic Designer
- Mark FuchsTreasurer, Presentations Coordinator
- Mike GotfredsonGrants Coordinator
- Bob GregoryMember
- Pat HewittMember
- Robert HodgeMember
- Lacey KaneMarketing/Promotion Coordinator
- Ty McBrideMember
- Jim PritchardChairperson
- Vince RyszewskiMember
- Kevin SchasteenVice Chairperson
- Peg WielandCommunity Outreach Coordinator
- Brenda WrischnikEvents & Activities Coordinator
Phase 1: Inaugural trails are located in Wallace Park - South end of town. Phase 2: Currently under construction - 6 miles of trail surrounding Lake Miola; Northeast section of Paola.
- Find a Business
- Join The Chamber
- Events Calendar
- Business Resources
- Move To Paola
- Visit Paola